I want it so I’m gonna go get it. -Madeintyo
You can have whatever you want in life, you just have to be willing to do what it takes without quitting.
Tis the season. How to stay on track when you’re off track.
- Find a gym
- Involve family and friends
- Workout first thing in the morning, otherwise it’s not likely to happen
- Use your time off as a chance to take care of yourself best, time for the gym, time to cook, etc.
Abs vs. Core Training
What is the core? All midsection or trunk muscles, in other words, everything that surrounds the spine.
- Vital link between UB and LB strength
- Incorporate throughout workout.
- Purpose is to resist movement, which creates a stable platform to strike or throw
- Key to injury prevention and sports performance
- Helps with low-back pain
- Note: Ab flexion can amplify back pain
- Avoid lumbar rotation stretches
How to train core
- 3x8-12 or 3x15s-60s
- Every core exercise revolves around breathing
- Get tight
- Single-limb exercises are great core exercises.
Antiextension (most critical and starting point)
- Forearm Plank
- SB Rollout
- Body Saw
- Ab Dolly
- Ab Wheel Rollout
- Plank Reach
- Plank Row
- Side Plank
- Suitcase & Farmers Carries
Medicine Ball Exercises
Recommended if you want to do abs:
- Straight-Leg Situps
Start following your own workout program.
Total Body Conditioning
- Goblet Squat
- Mountain Climbers
- KB Swing
- T Push-up
- Split Jump
- DB Row
- DB Side Lunge
- Push-up & Row
- DB Lunge & Rotation
- DB Push Press