Muscle, Movement, and Mood Improvement
Our Massage focuses on aiding in the performance and recovery of those who lead an active lifestyle and competitive athletes. These are general descriptions of the sessions we offer; your session can include a hybrid of the following methods:
- Deep Tissue Massage - "Seek and destroy." - Designed to remove severe tension, deep tissue massage is a technique used to relieve both muscles and connective tissue below the surface. It helps to improve the range of motion and heal injuries below the surface.
- Therapeutic Massage - "Awww, that feels much better." - Various techniques to address chronic and acute injuries, reduce pain, and allow more pain-free movement.
- Swedish Massage - "Has it been an hour already?" - In need of a deep chill? Massage oil or cream is used with smooth, gliding strokes. Swedish Massage uses firm but gentle pressure to promote relaxation, ease muscle tension and create other health benefits. It is a classic massage that will ease your stress and allow you to slip into a calm state of relaxation.
- Sports Massage - "Good to go." - Get ready and stay ready. Uses various massage techniques to help your body recover faster or prepare for a performance. It is outstanding for those with active lifestyles. It is typically over clothes with no oils or lotions.
- Stretching - We can find your movement limitations and move you past them. Stretching sessions are with a dual-qualified Licensed Massage Therapist and Personal Trainer experienced in kinesiology (the study of movement) and musculoskeletal anatomy. Fully clothed, no oil or lotion.
- Thai Massage - Learn More
- Posture and Movement Optimization - Learn More
- Kinesio Taping
- Hot Stone Treatment
- Cold Stone Ice Cream (just kidding)
Dustin Hassard | Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT)
WA License #MA61080499
"The positive influence that therapeutic touch has on movement, pain, injuries, and athletic performance makes massage therapy a force multiplier for anyone wanting to be at their best. I can learn so much more by feeling a muscle than I can by observing."
Dustin's interest in massage therapy grew after receiving regular massages as part of his physical training. He immediately saw the tremendous benefits of massage to his personal training clients and athletes.
Dustin combines his passion for movement and musculoskeletal anatomy with massage therapy. He thoroughly enjoys helping people improve their moods while effectively reducing pain, tension, and movement restrictions.
His techniques favor a combination of teachings from western and eastern medicines. Although he focuses his efforts on therapeutic, deep tissue, and sports massage, he also enjoys and understands the importance of incorporating more relaxation and spa-based treatments.
His fascination for the powers of touch grows as he studies other methods and modalities such as Thai massage, Kinesio taping, trigger point therapy, cupping, IASTM, reflexology, and more.
Dustin is a member of the Navy Reserves, Maritime Security Squadron, having completed a deployment to Spain and West Africa in 2021. Knots, adhesions, and tight muscles fear him.