Lesson 12.1 Sleep Week
If there's skill worth mastering, it's sleep. Great sleep leads to looking, feeling, and performing your best.
Sleep 7-9 hours a night.
Why Sleep is important
- Muscle repair happens during rest, better sleep means better muscle growth
- Better mood, focus, and memory
- Your body burns fat better with sleep (people who sleep less than 6 hours gain twice as much weight over 6 year period)
- More energy for workouts
- Better food choices
- Sleep impacts everything. Poor sleep = poor performance.
- Too little sleep negatively affects your health. You're more likely to gain weight, risk type ii diabetes, increased risk of stroke and heart attack
- max-intensity exercise
- cognitive functions
- response time
- carb absorption
- muscle fiber recruitment
- lifespan and healthspan
- reduced risk of alzheimer’s
In system 2-10 hours
Don't abuse, keep your daily intake to less than 300 mg.
*Pick your rep scheme based on what you've learned this course.
Rear-Foot-Elevated Split Squat