Using a Foam Roller, spend 20-60 seconds on each of the following areas:
- Glutes/Hip Rotators
- Upper Back
- Posterior Shoulder (Lats, Armpit)
- Quads/Hip Flexors
- TFL (Front Pocket)
The joints that benefit primarily are the hips, spine, shoulders, and knees.
For Best Results
- 20-60 seconds per area; for areas needing extra attention (tender or painful), 60 seconds is ideal.
- Slower = deeper
- Hold and breathe on tender areas
- Repeat 3-5 days a week for best results
- Advanced: Hold on an area and perform 5 joint movements
>>> Next Step: Try the Standard Rolling Routine
Tips for Measuring Progress
- Begin by assessing the range of motion of the target joint or muscle. Does it appear limited, feel tight, or hurt?
- Complete the sequence.
- Re-assess. Some people will see major improvements, and some will only see minor improvements, but any improvement is a good sign to keep doing this.
- Repeat the sequence 3-5 days a week for as long as needed to get the desired result. No matter what, this kind of maintenance on the body will be beneficial; self-treatment is good preventive care.