Modern Athlete Program
A Functional Strength Program for the Athlete in All of Us
Develop your athletic ability and train to do more outside the gym.
- Build muscle
- Burn fat
- Improve injury resistance
- Boost athletic performance
The Benefits of a Balanced Program Design
Our programs are rooted in Strength and Conditioning for Sports and incorporate elements from Bodybuilding, Physical Therapy, Massage Therapy, Yoga, and more. All of this is combined to create a program with these benefits:
- Strength - Meet the demands of your life by being strong enough to handle it. In scientific terms, strength is your ability to produce force. We know that strength can be measured in many ways. Our program will guide you in developing strong muscles, strong joints, and a strong mindset.
- Resilience - Don’t break. Be better prepared to deal with the physical and mental stresses when things don’t go as expected or you’re facing a challenge. It could be a busy time at work, tripping and falling without getting hurt, or dealing with many possible stresses.
- Longevity - Don’t quit. We built a fitness program that is sustainable for life. “I’m getting old” should never be something that comes out of your mouth. People often blame age for what is usually the lack of a certain quality in their life that is more noticeable with age. They need to instead focus on improving that quality.
- Mobility - Massage, stretching, and warm-ups. Improve movement quality, treat pain and injuries, prepare and perform better in your workout, increase joint range of motion, and maintain soft-tissue health.
- Power/Quickness - Strength is not as beneficial if it can not be employed quickly. You’ll develop the ability to be explosive and responsive. This could mean jumping higher, sprinting faster, or even reacting swiftly to a potential fall and preventing it.
- Hypertrophy/Physique - It’s ok if you just want to look pretty. We get it; you want to look like you workout too. Looking good happens to be one of the side effects of our programs.
- Muscular Endurance - It burns. Fatigue will make a quitter of us all, so make your muscles last longer.
- Conditioning/Aerobic Endurance - Although we prefer you get your conditioning from a sport or activity you enjoy, we have an entire workout each week and exercises within each workout to improve your conditioning.
If this is not enough benefits, what more do you want?
Plateau’s are a No-No
Take the guesswork out of training and avoid plateaus by following a program that has progressions built into every workout. Every set, rep, and exercise is selected to make continuous progress.
Programs are designed monthly and based on the latest in exercise science and results-based evidence derived from the success of thousands of athletes and world-renowned experts.
Train Your Way
Workouts are scalable by fitness level, goal, and equipment; designed to take you to the next level.
- For intermediate to advanced lifters without current injuries
- 3 options for every exercise or swap for any exercise of your choice
- Flexible for equipment availability and your level of experience
- 5 workouts every week (Total Body, Upper Body, Circuit Workouts)
- Built-in progressions
- View workouts and track progress with the TrainHeroic app (included)
- Modify the workouts and schedule
- Swap exercises if needed
- Standard workouts are 60 minutes, including warm-up
- Additional exercises to extend workouts to 90-120 minutes if desired
- TrainHeroic app
- Video demonstrations of every exercise
- Descriptions, instructions, and lessons
- Track your progress for every exercise and workout
New workouts, warm-ups, exercises, and lessons every month. Remember, “plateau is a no-no.”
We will not fail you. Our business depends on you being at your best. Your needs are most important to us, and we will do what we can to make sure you are getting what you want. Have questions? Ask. Have feedback on how we can improve? Let us know.
We are loyal to companies who offer the best support, not only a great product. Therefore, supporting you is number one for us.
Everything You Need
- A professionally designed training program
- Options for every exercise based on your equipment and your skillset
- Videos and lessons
- Sets, reps, defined for you
- User-friendly app for viewing workouts and tracking progress
- New program every 4 weeks
- Mobility (massage, stretching, warm-ups)
- All areas covered for building a balanced and athletic body
At the very least, you should have a pair of light, medium, and heavy dumbbells or a single light, medium, and heavy kettlebell.
To get the most out of this program, you should have access to any of our Basic Equipment Levels below:
(Minimum Recommended) Basic Light
- Foam Roller
- Resistance Bands (and Door Anchor)
- Stability Ball
- Slam Ball
- Soft Toss Medicine Ball
- TRX, Rings, or Suspension Trainer
- Pull-Up Bar
- Adjustable Bench
- Trap Bar
- Bumper Plates
- Plyo Boxes
>>> See our Equipment Guide
This is best suited for intermediate to advanced lifters, without current injuries, who have some experience with dumbbells and kettlebells.
In short, 2-4 hours per week, but it depends on the type of workouts. If you are working out less, your workouts need to be more intense. We see better results for people who train more frequently but less intensely.
- Total body workouts should be a priority.
- A combination of strength training and sports, recreational activities, or hobbies is ideal.
- The optimal amount is 4 days per week. More than this may not allow sufficient recovery.
- 20 minutes to an hour is enough; shorter workouts should be offset with more intensity.
- Members see results when training strength only 2 days per week.
- Athletes should train 2 days in-season and 3-4 days off-season.
- Sample 2-Day: Total Body, Total Body
- Sample 3-Day: Total Body, Total Body, Circuit
- Sample 4-Day: Total Body, Upper Body, Total Body, Circuit
- Sample 5-Day: Total Body, Upper Body, Total Body, Upper Body, Circuit
>>> Learn More
Fitness is for life, but you can cancel anytime.
You can get support thru our Private Facebook Group, or if you don’t use Facebook, you can message us directly thru the app.
We offer Custom Program Design with Online Coaching and Virtual Coaching (Zoom). If you are local to the Seattle area, you can train in person.
>>> Learn More
- Sign Up
- You’ll receive an email inviting you to download the TrainHeroic app.
- Get after it! Workouts will be added to your calendar.