- Eat more Protein
- Eat more Fiber
- Take Fish Oil
- Builds and repairs muscle
- More protein equals faster muscle gains, better muscle retention, faster recovery, and increased energy
- Most people only consume about 75% of their daily protein
Note: Vegetarians and Vegans: You still need protein. Contact us for specifics about vegetarian and vegan nutrition.
From Precision Nutrition: All About Fiber – Getting enough fiber by building your diet around vegetables, fruits, legumes, whole grains, nuts and seeds, is important for overall health and disease prevention.
From Examine.com: Dietary fiber is a collection of carbohydrates that cannot be digested in the human intestinal tract, and as such they proceed to the colon; they have mechanical properties (gel forming), probiotic effects, and may serve as a substrate for the production of short chain fatty acids.
Fish Oil Basics
- Fish oil provides Omega-3.
- This decreases fat cells and gives more nutrients to muscle cells.
- Omega-3 is important for cardiovascular function, nervous system function and brain development, and immune health. In some cases, it can relieve joint pain.